On Wednesday 31 March 2021, Justice Peter Almond retired as a judge of the Supreme Court of Victoria.
Appointed as a judge of the Court on 27 July 2010, Justice Almond sat on the Bench one last time and thanked those that had made his time at the Court rich and fulfilling, in a pre-recorded address.
“Today I retire as a judge of this Court in a COVID-affected world. A conventional farewell ceremony is not practicable.”
1. The Supreme Court of Victoria retains copyright in this footage.
2. This footage is provided for the following reasons:
- To enable litigants and interested persons to view the proceedings.
- To assist media who are unable to personally attend judicial proceedings to fairly and accurately report on those proceedings.
- To allow schools, universities and legal training bodies to show judicial proceedings for educational purposes.
3. By watching this footage you are agreeing:
- That you are not a prospective witness giving evidence in this trial;
- That if you are a witness giving evidence in this trial, your evidence is completed;
- Not to copy, store, edit, modify, broadcast, post or redistribute this footage without the prior written approval of the Supreme Court of Victoria;
- To include the attribution ©Supreme Court of Victoria with any link to this footage;
- To abide by any orders or directions made relating to the confidentiality and/or non-publication of the proceedings shown in this footage. If you do not, you should be aware that you may be subject to a legal action including for breach of copyright, or defamation or, potentially, contempt of court.